11/23/08

27 Days until Snow, Extreme Tubing, and More Snow...

Have you ever been on a "cross country skiing skavenger hunt"?  Apparently they have them in Alaska, and they already have snow to do so.  There is also a great place to go "extreme tubing" - here is the link:  www.extremetubing.com  Apparently this is only 1.5 hours away, in the sweet town/city of Homer.  Stay tuned later in December for some footage...
Apparently there are multiple glaciers in the area, but in the winter, the roads to get to them are not always passable...so we'll see.  I just hope I get to see a moose!  

2 comments:

Bob and Lindy said...

Wendy - I love your cute blog! Vickie is here now and we tried to go tubing but it warmed up a bit and melted the snow down to just about a foot left on the ground down in Homer. Sooo, we were unable to go, but it snowed more the next night. I'm sure by the time you get here we might be able to do it! Vickie's going to try her hand at cross country skiing today. We'll see how long she lasts. ha ha! We travel back to Anchorage tomorrow to take her back to her friend.

We received your beautiful Thanksgiving Card yesterday. Thank you! It was very nice!

Looking forward to seeing you and spending time together. Bob says get ready for some Scrabble games....it's a cold weather tradition we have here. Plus, we got the Wii! We might have some competition with that too.

Bob and I are going to try and go cut down a Christmas tree this weekend...that should be interesting. I've never chopped one down myself, but I do remember dragging one through the streets of Kazan with YOU! That was one of the best memories I have....trying to put that darn "Charlie Brown" lookin' tree up with our sand jars from the lake. Ha ha!

I hope you have a FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!!! See you soon!

Lindy Lou

Abby said...

hey mrs.wendy just wanted to wish you luck in alaska and to say that i hope you have fun skeying Abby