1/1/09

Alaska - facts and final thoughts!

Happy New Year, and I'm home and rested now after the seemingly endless trip back, which was definitely worth it! Alaska was a gorgeous (yet cold) winter wonderland, and I'd go every year if I could.  If you love the outdoor winter sports, this is definitely a place for you to check out.  If you'd like to try your hand at combat fishing (look it up), seeing the mts and glaciers by a cruise boat, etc, come in the summer.  Whenever, Alaska is a gorgeous place to visit.  I'm grateful for the experience, and thanks for tuning in. Below, I've posted a few facts I learned about this state...

ALASKA FACTS:

- Alaska was purchased by the US in 1868, and shortly after, gold miners came to discover gold.  The largest gold nugget found in 1998 weighed in at 24.9 lbs.
- There are 100+ volcanoes in Alaska (I only saw one of them!)
- There is no poison ivy or poison oak in this state.
- Alaska has 3,000+ rivers.
- Besides English, there are 20 Native American languages spoken in Alaska.

Source: Alaska Passport Factbook, by Ronald Reiser, 2006, Reiser & Co.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice picture.....

___________________
Smarry
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels

Punk said...

this is such a nice and useful information for us...i appreciate urs word........Miami Rental Boat